Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
As part of the Field organization, you make the brand come to life for our customers. Our stores are fast paced, fun, diverse and full of passionate people who love fashion. The Field offers endless opportunities to grow your career and be a leader — of your peers, of teams, of a business, and in the community.
Old Navy — a brand for everyone, a place for you!
As the Department Specialist, you drive profitable sales growth by planning and executing company merchandising direction in your assigned department to drive sales and deliver standard operating procedure execution (i.e. markdowns, signage, replenishment, marketing). As the subject matter expert for all brand merchandising training, product standard operating procedures, tools and resources, you are also responsible for ensuring Brand Associates are trained and meet merchandising standards and productivity expectations. Your department consistently represents brand standards and company strategies. You are responsible for flexing to drive profitability based on our brand's merchandising principles and financial analysis.
As an Old Navy leader, your first priority is to contribute to the success of your store. This means that you not only deliver in your role as the Department Specialist, but you also model leadership behaviors and deliver in the Sales and Service Leader role. As the Sales and Service Leader, you deliver results in your hourly segments, drive key performance indicators and brand loyalty by leading through your team. You are ready, urgent and accountable as defined by the Sales and Service Leader program. You also create a culture of engagement and high performance through coaching, leading and developing Brand Associates. You hold them accountable to be ready, approachable and urgent as defined in Old Navy standards.
Note: This position description indicates the general nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected for the aforementioned position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required.
I Own, Lead and Execute
· Sales and Service Leader
· Company visual programs and resources
· Flexing product based on brand merchandising expectations and performance
· Back of house and replenishment
· Marketing and windows
· All product operations: signage, markdowns, shipment, damages, defectives, mismates, retickets and training of each operation
· New flow mapping, product planning and placement
· Product knowledge and trend analysis
· Creating culture of engagement and high performance through development and coaching of Brand Associates
How I Know I am Successful
· I deliver or exceed my segments during my time as a Sales and Service Leader through leading my team
· My department is presented to company standards by set date.
· My department sales and margin are in line with or exceeding Market/Territory average
· I proactively plan and collaborate with the Business Operations Manager to ensure processes (marketing, truck process, signage and markdowns) are scheduled appropriately and completed within time allotted and per company expectations.
· Functional and Technical Skills
· Learning Agility
· Decision Quality
· Business Acumen
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· College degree or equivalent work experience preferred
· 2-3 years of soft lines and visual merchandising experience preferred
· Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees
· Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with and around cleaning chemicals, and fticarrl to 50 lbs.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule (including travel) to meet the needs of the business, including e.eliog, overnight and weekend shifts
Please join us on Thursday, April 5th from 1-5pm at the Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls, near Nike and Guess Accessories, for a hiring event.